Friday, July 6, 2007

Slugfest!




I just returned from a bit of R & R with the hubby, which thankfully spared me of some of the fiasco in New York. Happily I was back home tonight in time to catch Game 2 of the Twins' slugfest in Chicago.

How sweet to see Morneau hit 3 homeruns tonight...the first Twins player to do so since 1973. 6 homeruns total for the Twins in Game 2 and a shutout to boot. (Kubel hit a Grand Slam in Game 1!) Garza did o.k. I think. He put some people on base, but managed to keep his cool and get the outs when he needed.

The low point of the game was seeing Red taking that nasty hit from Thome's bat (Red needed 7 stitches). Seems like the White Sox should have lost their DH as well, but I guess we managed to survive that little disaster. I wouldn't be surprised to see Red catch tomorrow, but I think he should take at least a day off. The question is: Can we make it to the All-star break without calling up Heintz?

Early game tomorrow. Let's hope the Twins' bats show up to win again!

2 comments:

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

That was a great game for Morneausey. It was fun to see the homeruns flying.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts. It's fun to read other people's takes on things that happen w/the Twins. That slugfest was a ton o' fun!