Saturday, April 5, 2008

Squeeze Play Game Replay

I didn't make it to the ballpark today and the game was not televised. I was listening on the radio when Morneau broke loose with his 3-run homer. Dang. It would have been nice to see that hit.

A few hours later I was able to see a 30 minute overview of the game on FSN's "Squeeze Play". Every hit, every out was replayed. So I got to see that homerun and his double, plus Monroe's first hit (a double) as well as some fine play (again) by Tolbert, Mauer, and Nathan. Hernandez finished 7 innings and was charged with a balk. Everett committed an error and GoGomez went hitless for the first time. Most importantly, the Twins came up with a 6-4 win.

FSN followed "Squeeze Play" with an episode of "In their Own Words"--this time an interview with Delmon Young. I don't think it's the first time this episode has been broadcast and probably won't be the last. I'm impressed by this young man. Yes, he's made mistakes in judgement along the way, but more importantly, he seems to have learned and matured from those mistakes. The man is only 22 years old. At this point, he strikes me as more mature than the average 22 year old male (how much that really says about his maturity I'm not sure!)

Tomorrow the Twins play for the sweep...that sure would help erase the sting of those 3 losses!

And another little note...Detroit has lost their first five games...at home! Sweet!

No comments: