Friday, January 25, 2008

Twinsfest here we come!

The anticipation has been building for weeks. The day has finally come. I woke up this morning and was anxious to pull on my outfit for the day. Twinsfest is here and I'm outfitted in Twins garb (I'm sporting the new Neshek jersey Curveball got me for Christmas and a new Twins zipped sweatshirt hoodie).

Curveball gave me 4 tickets to Twinsfest for Christmas. Two years ago Curveball tried to lure me to Twinsfest to meet him for the first time. For reasons that make no sense now, I put him off. We were, however, attending ballgames together by the time the baseball season opened that year.

Last year was my first Twinsfest. Curveball is a veteran. I enjoyed walking through the stadium, spotting players and watching some of the radio interviews with players. Curveball, as always, enjoyed getting autographs of players new and old.

Our plan is pretty much the same this years. Thanks to cell phones we'll be able to go our separate ways and both have a good time. I'll be buying tickets and cruising around taking in the sights. In fact, I'm so excited about buying tickets that I'm staying here at work till 5:30 so I can buy tickets online before we go!

For me, Twinsfest signifies the beginning of a new baseball season. I promise that my blogging drought is over. I'll be back here soon with news and pictures from Twinsfest 2008.

Hope to see you there!

No comments: