Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Say it isn't so


Say it isn't so.

I'm not ready to say goodbye to the best pitcher this franchise (and maybe the whole league) has ever seen.

I'm not ready to say goodbye to a player who was just incredibly fun to watch, who made your joy and even, pride in the sport grow each time he threw the ball.

I know it may be so...but until that contract is signed, I'm going to sulk a little, no a lot and even then I expect a certain extended period of pouting to be observed.

I bought my tickets for the opening game on Friday with the hope that I would again experience the joy of seeing Santana throwing the opening pitch.

Scott Baker, opening day pitcher?

Say it isn't so.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yup...it's going to be SUPER fun watching Scott Baker (probably) pitch to Torii Hunter on Opening Day. Grr.